Mozambique is one of the 20 partner countries of VLIR-UOS. From 2003 to 2016 VLIR-UOS budgeted € 6.436.748 for cooperation programmes with Mozambique, including one institutional university cooperation programme with Universidade Eduardo Mondlane.
Mozambique is also one of the 31 scholarship countries of VLIR-UOS. Nationals can apply for a scholarship to follow a training or Master programme at a Flemish university or university college.
Facts and figures
Total budget Mozambique 2003-2016 (in €)
A country strategy for Mozambique
You can download the Country Strategy for Mozambique here. The following themes are identified:
- Agriculture (food chain management, food security)
- Health (reproductive health, family medicine, community health, medical education)
- Environment (natural resources management, climate change, renewable energy)
The country strategy identifies the following main transversal and cross-cutting themes:
- Governance (social and human rights, gender, culture)
- Education (language development, research based education)
- Community engagement
- Information and Technology Services (ITS) and statistics
The main focus should go to institutions in central and northern provinces. Cooperation with institutions based in Maputo should be reduced to a supportive role only.
More information on the Country Strategy process for Mozambique.
- Joint Context Analysis (JCA) of Mozambique. This document aims at an analysis of the context in Mozambique and of the opportunities to collaborate for the non-governmental actors of the Belgian Development Cooperation from 2017 until 2026. It should primarily be seen as an opportunity to identify possible ways of cooperation, complementarity and synergy.
- Joint Strategic Framework (JSF) of Mozambique. This document presents different joint strategic goals which the non-governmental actors have put forward, based on the JCA Mozambique. Each goal is specified into different approaches, which reflects the contributions of different actors to the joint strategic goal. An elaboration on the development relevance of every goal is also included. The last chapter elaborates commitments for synergy and complementarity between Belgian actors, related to the presented goals and approaches. Special attention is given to the transversal themes gender and environment.
Overview of ongoing projects
Mid-term evaluation of the ongoing cooperation with the Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique (April 2012)
Annual report VLIR-UOS 2013
What you always wanted to know about VLIR-UOS | Why scholar Pauline want to win the Nobel Prize | How pilotless flights above the Andes lead to better agriculture