Call for experts for the VLIR-UOS regional selection commissions
VLIR-UOS is looking for candidates to recompose its regional selection commissions Africa (2 commissions: Africa great lakes and Africa 2), Asia and Latin-America. These selection commissions perform the assessment of new project proposals to be selected in view of complementing VLIR-UOS country programmes.
Please note that academics from a Belgian university or university college are not eligible, and that selected committee members will not be allowed to execute in person other VLIR-UOS assignments (f.e. evaluations) in the future.
To apply for this call an online survey must be filled in here.
The members of the regional commissions are not appointed at a Belgian university of university college, research institute or any other higher education institution.
The members cannot combine membership of a commission with the execution of external evaluation assignments or promotership or any other project/programme responsibility for VLIR-UOS, nor an active role in an NGA programme (within the Joint Strategic Frameworks of Belgian indirect development cooperation) in the countries covered by the commission for which he/she applies.
|Required competences of the selection commissions
The following competences should be covered by each regional commission:
- international academic or development cooperation background (thematic focus - development studies, poverty reduction, ...);
- specific regional expertise (geographical focus - countries, regions);
- generic expertise in higher education policy, scientific research policy and practice;
- technical expertise (programme management, intervention modalities, effectiveness & efficiency, impact, sustainability, monitoring and evaluation, ...).
|Type of Commissions and number of selection commission members to be appointed
- Regional Selection Commission Africa 1: 4 positions (DR Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda)
- Regional Selection Commission Africa 2: 4 positions (Ethiopia, Morocco, South Africa)
- Regional Selection Commission Asia: 4 positions (Cambodia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam)
- Regional Selection Commission Latin America: 4 positions (Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Peru, Nicaragua)
- Substitute members: at least 2 positions per commission
|Launch of the call for Membership in a Selection commission
||12 March 2018
|Deadline submission of applications
16 April 2018
|Appointment selection commission members
||27 April 2018