VLIR-UOS is looking for a Junior Azure Data & Integration Engineer (m/f/x)
Full-time job, contract of indefinite duration
VLIR-UOS is part of the Flemish Interuniversity Council and supports partnerships between universities and university colleges, in Flanders and all over the world. They seek innovative answers to global and local challenges. VLIR-UOS facilitates cooperation projects between professors, researchers and teachers. VLIR-UOS also awards grants to students, both here in Flanders and in partner countries. Finally, VLIR-UOS contributes to the strengthening of higher education where needed and the development-relevant internationalization of higher education in Flanders.
The organization is currently in a transformation phase, in which VLIR-UOS on the one hand wants to expand its role as a global facilitator and on the other hand wants to digitalize its operations. In addition, we are working on better data support.
The head office in Brussels employs about twenty people and is divided into two services: a programme service and a digital transformation unit
As a key figure in the digital factory team, you lead the architecture definition, data governance and data modelling and design for our new services and products in the cloud. You take full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements. You look for integration opportunities within the VLIR-UOS organization as well as with our partners and eventually with public data sources.
Your job and impact
- You help building the new Microsoft Azure cloud Paas responsible for data analytics application and data driven process optimization.
- You perform troubleshooting, detection and resolution of problems.
- You diligently document both new and existing applications and integrations.
- You work on ICT projects with internal partners and external suppliers.
- You also work on our other on-premise data applications such as our customized project management tool, our BI reporting tool and new to develop applications, preferably on the Microsoft power platform .
- VLIR-UOS just started its digital transformation journey. To support the data and productization part to the cloud we need your expertise, skills and your drive to take a crucial role in this.
- You are passionate about data and unlocking data for process optimization and knowledge generation. You are furthermore comfortable to work independent in a small team with whom you love to share your knowledge and experience. You are hands-on, can inspire and motivate others and are not afraid of helping out when and where needed. You are eager to learn, creative, pragmatic and you cooperate easily with external parties. Affinity and motivation to work in the context of university cooperation for development is an additional asset.
You have a Master's degree relevant to the position.
- You are experienced in or strongly motivated to learn the Microsoft 365 and Azure Cloud ecosystem. Experience or interest with the Microsoft power platform is a bonus.
- You have a pretty good understanding of the Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service platform and can assess the added value of IaaS components for clients' (internal and external stakeholders) respective situations.
- You are eager to learn and ambitious. You also invest your own time in keeping your competencies up-to-date.
- You are a real team player, but you also get on just fine on your own. You are socially skilled and always willing to share knowledge with colleagues.
- You are flexible and resistant to stress.
- You work accurately and on a project basis, and you are not prepared to make compromises when it comes to quality.
- You speak fluently English, in combination with Dutch.
- A full-time 38-hour position with sufficient flexibility and structural teleworking, including outside the period of teleworking required by Corona measures.
- A dynamic environment of motivated people in a modern office in Brussels, close to public transport and with a strong focus on well-being at work in the broad sense.
- A salary according to the scales of the Flemish government. We take into account relevant work experience.
- Maximum 35 days leave per year for a full-time position.
- A comprehensive package of benefits: meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, end-of-year bonus, 100% reimbursement of home-work travel expenses (public transport pass in combination with/or a bicycle allowance), home-work allowance.
- VLIR-UOS is a learning organization focused on continuous improvement and professionalization. There are collective and individual training possibilities. Specifically for this function, we provide a coaching programme supported by an external consultant and the opportunity to learn with and from external partners.
Selection procedure and entry into service
We select motivated candidates based on their education, experience and skills, and strive for a diverse organization in terms of gender, origin, disability, religion, age, ...
- The candidates should send a motivation letter of no more than one page and their curriculum vitae by 1 February naar email@example.com, with firstname.lastname@example.org in CC with the subject 'Job Offer Junior Data & Integration Engineer VLIR-UOS;
- The candidates who have been selected on the basis of their CV and motivation letter will be invited as soon as possible for an interview via an online tool (MS Teams, Zoom,...)
- You will take up your post as soon as possible after the successful completion of the selection procedure.
About the organization: www.vliruos.be.
About the job: Tom Rommens, consultant, email@example.com or 0496/81.60.64