Need inspiration for a TEAM project? Here are 30 ideas for your project proposal!
VLIR-UOS conducted a short survey among Belgian non-governmental actors to collect their ideas for academic development cooperation in synergy/complementarity with their activities.
The result is a range of potential initiatives that aim to increase the impact of development cooperation through synergy and complementarity.
Get inspired by these 30 ideas blending various research questions with transversal themes (gender and protection of the environment)! If you are triggered by a topic, feel free to contact the initiating organisation mentioned. You can find the list of contacts here.
01. - Children's Rights: Develop tools to better accompany street children in Africa - Want to know more? Contact Dynamo International
02. - Children's rights: Research on the current state of violence against children in Rwanda - Want to know more? Contact Humanity & Inclusion
03. - Climate change: Youth engagement in climate-change action: understanding the profile of youth mobilized for climate justice - Want to know more? Contact Plan International
04. - Education: Action-based research among school leaders involved in Professional Learning Communities - Want to know more? Contact VVOB
05. - Education: Impact research on teachers’ Knowledge, Attitude & Practice regarding foundational literacy skills - Want to know more? Contact VVOB
06. - Education: Qualitative research to further explore blended delivery of Continuous Professional Development - Want to know more? Contact VVOB
07. - Education: Research for policy development on social inclusion in schools - Want to know more? Contact VIA Don Bosco, Ligth For The World and Plan International
08. - Education: Research on the impact of the professional development trajectory on instructional school leadership - Want to know more? Contact VVOB
09. - Education: strengthen measurement tools and techniques to monitor and evaluate gender-transformative learning outcomes - Want to know more? Contact Plan International
10. - Entrepreneurship: Results and impact of various financing models to SMEs - Want to know more? Contact Trias
11. - Health: Identify social and behavioral factors that affect human and animal health and its management (controlled surveillance) - Want to know more? Contact VSF-B
12. - Health: Research into innovative rehabilitation/revalidation techniques adapted to the rehabilitation needs of the populations of Burundi - Want to know more? Contact APEFE
13. - Health: Research on conservation and restoration of forests Want to know more? Contact Vietnam Museum of Nature
14. - Health: Research on Neglected Tropical Diseases (One Health perspective), Antibiotic resistance, emerging viral infections - Want to know more? Contact ITM
15. - Health: Research on safe blood supply with RKV supported by Centre for Evidence-Based Practice (CEBAP) - Want to know more? Contact RKV
16. - Human Rights: research on the situation of the exercise of civic space in Burundi - Want to know more? Contact ASF
17. - Industry innovation: Follow up on study on the development of the extractive sector- Want to know more? Contact ASF
18. - Natural disasters: Research on natural hazards and associated risks in Central Africa - Want to know more? Contact Royal Museum for Central Africa
19. - Resilient Ecosystems: Research on the minimum conditions for water source protection and the effect of tree planting - Want to know more? Contact Join for Water
20. - Rural development: Evaluate rural development initiatives and provide insight into their effectiveness - Want to know more? Contact WWF
21. - Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems: Research on oxo-biodegradable plastic and alternatives to pack potable water - Want to know more? Contact Durabilis
22. - Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems: Research on Stevia as an alternative sweetener in beverages - Want to know more? Contact Durabilis
23. - Sustainable Agriculture: An analysis of the dairy value chain in Rwenzori sub-region for farmer economic empowerment and sustainability of the sector - Want to know more? Contact VSF-B
24. - Sustainable Agriculture: Design and operationalization of a quality management system for the apiculture sector in Uganda - Want to know more? Contact Trias
25. - Sustainable Agriculture: Research on trends and impacts of Highly Hazardous Pesticides and their use in Uganda - Want to know more? Contact Broederlijk Delen
26. - Sustainable Agriculture: Transforming Small scale Subsistence Farmers (SSFs) into ecologically responsible growth-oriented entrepreneurs in Tanzania - Want to know more? Contact Trias
27. - Sustainable cities: Develop value chains and micro-enterprises of non-timber forest products for the local communities in conservation and protected areas - Want to know more? Contact WWF
28. - Sustainable cities: Involvement of diasporas in decentralized cooperation in Belgium and in Morocco - Want to know more? Contact Echos
29. - Sustainable cities: Street social work from inclusion to decent work - Want to know more? Contact Dynamo International
30. - Urbanisation and gender equality: What are the effects of urbanisation on gender equality? - Want to know more? Contact VVSG
Click here to find even more ideas!