The country strategy for Peru, which is aligned with national development and higher education priorities, identifies the following main themes for all future interventions in the cooperation with the country:
- Environment. Subthemes: mining impact, climate change, natural resources, biodiversity.
- Food security and agriculture. Subthemes: farming systems, rural development, value chains, agribusiness, nutrition.
- Health. Subthemes: nutrition, virology, public health/mental health and care.
- Economy. Subthemes: SME & private sector development, financial inclusion, regional and sustainable development.
- Government & society. Subthemes: good governance/civil society, social development, conflict prevention, indigenous communities, multiethnicity.
The following cross-cutting theme is relevant for all activities in Peru:
- Institutional strenghtening. Subthemes: university management, improving quality of research and education (including statistics), academic English.