The country strategy for Tanzania identifies the following main themes for all future interventions in cooperation with Tanzania:
- Environment. Subthemes: Natural resource management; soils, land use and land degradation; eco-tourism; renewable energy; water sanitation.
- Health. Subthemes: Drug-resistant HIV; environmental health; databases; bubonic plague and zoocenoses rodents; diabetes.
- Food security. Subthemes: technology development; food quality.
- Business and entrepreneurship. Subthemes: Community involvement; linking with the industry; incubator development.
The country strategy identifies the following main transversal and cross-cutting themes:
- Monitoring and evaluation. Subthemes: Public-private-unis-NGOs-FBO; NGO involvement.
- ICT and applications. Subthemes: ICT systems and administration; statistics and biostatistics; learning platforms development.
- Gender. Subthemes: gender mainstreaming; equal rights.
- Information management. Subthemes: library & information services management; access to research information and resources.